Friday, July 30, 2010

mood

I considered the possibility that I might never be in the mood to put a blog post together ever again. But then this morning I found that I was in the mood...lucky you ; )

Life continues to be mostly interesting and quite entertaining...you will never hear me say "I'm bored." In my house, a typical 10 minute period goes something like this: Me thinking to myself "I sure hope I can go sew a little bit after I put this band-aid (the 10th one of the day) on Sam." Then a loud crashing sound as a glass (Sam's special Shrek glass from Burger King) gets knocked off the couch and shatters when my daughter, who is busy throwing up in a bowl, accidentally bumps it. I scream to everyone (including the dog) "Don't move! Stay! Sit!", get daughter settled down again, and commence sweeping up glass. This is where the interestingness hits a new level. I lift the corner of the rug while sweeping and out runs a lizard! And that is pretty much how things go around here most of the time : ) Sounds fun doesn't it? Can any of you relate?

Summer in Oklahoma is, to be accurate and articulate, gross...lots of mosquitoes, 105 degrees, and 105% humidity. But it's cool and bug-free (thanks to the lizard in the living room) at my sewing table : ) Here's what I've accomplished in the past couple of weeks:

For Baby Chloe...







Perhaps I will be in the mood to write up a tutorial for these baby boots some day soon...maybe, maybe not.



And for me...
a touch of shabby and vintage...the buttons are from a lovely stash of vintage buttons given to me by my sweet step-mom.







6 comments:

Jodi said...

I love that bag - very nice! And I can relate to your busy days and hoping for some time to sew! Your blog is fun, no stress, just when you "feel like it." Admirable!

Jenny said...

lizards...really?
that would creep me out...well, just about everything creeps me out...so, its nice they take care of bugs i guess!

the boots for chloe are fabulous!!! and your bag is awesome..i love the long-ness of it!

ive nearly abandoned my blog completely...oh well. im still buzzing around flickr.

Angela said...

thank you so much ladies!

Susan said...

Very pretty bags and really cute boots! Wish I had someone to make them for! Glad to have you back in blog land too! We've missed your smiling face!

Anonymous said...

Love the boots! I will be watching for lizards now...

susigoesout said...

Hi Angela,
just stumbled in here and got lost for a while. I like your good taste for fabric combinations, we don´t have lizards here, but many spiders. Hopefully they eat up all the flys, thats why I hate to kill them but sometimes I do anyway. I will soon be back!

Susi