Wednesday, August 11, 2010

fresh

...off the sewing table!
Looking ahead to this autumn with all three babies in all day school, I think I just might be able to crank out enough lovelies to "set-up shop" in some form or fashion. Yay!
School doesn't start until next week, however still managed to get my stitch on...and with a few of my most favorite fabrics! Thought I'd share a peek with you.



I can't believe I did this...I cut into my beloved Heather Ross Horses. As the pieces came together I had no regrets. Only one problem...finding someone who wants to pay what this is worth to me LOL! The pocket is another yummy little print from Fig Tree's Fresh Cotton line...good old-fashioned sweetness! Don't miss the cherry on top...that pretty little vintage button on the pocket corner.
ohemgee...to
o much!

5 comments:

jednoiglec said...

What a lovely dress!

~*Jessica*~ said...

Love how the shirring gives it a cap sleeve look! Any tips on cutting the sleeves to fit the J shape of the arm hole?

Angela said...

Thanks so much for your sweet comments!
Jessica, if you're drafting your own pattern and have the bodice piece prepared you can easily create your sleeve by following the shape of the front and back arm hole of the bodice and, of course, make it pretty wide to allow for the shirring. Don't know if that helps you at all. If you want an image of what my own pattern piece looks like I can email that to you. Thanks for your comment!

~*Jessica*~ said...

Angela, that would be awesome! Thanks! My email is in my blogger profile.

Jennwith4 said...

I love that fabric! I've never seen it before. I must get myself some! That made such a cute dress.