Tuesday, March 29, 2011

little joys

So far it's been quite a gloomy week weather-wise, but thankfully I shook off it off (after fully embracing it yesterday) and am feeling some energy and enthusiasm. I'm fairly certain that getting some decent sleep and starting the day with a chocolate protein shake rather than vanilla is what made the difference.
I'm so proud of myself for sticking with my fitness aspirations for an entire 9 days now...this is huge for me. Luckily I'm finding little things that actually make it, dare I say, enjoyable? So here's a very brief list of the little joys:



~walking or running in perfect synchronicity. I found that some of my fave tunes are perfect for a brisk walk...Cee Lo Green "Forget You" (my family's personal favorite these days), Gaga "Bad Romance", Earth, Wind & Fire "September", Feist "I Feel It All". You have any beats you love for getting your exercise on? Tell me!


~best snack that I never thought I would try or like...EDAMAME! Have you had this? Get it frozen or fresh, steam it for 5 minutes, sprinkle with sea salt, squeeze those cute little beans out of the pod and into your mouth. It's high in protein and pretty much addictive.


~salsa! It has hardly any calories...slather some on the grilled meat of your choice for lunch. I have a special affinity for Herdez Mild...until summer when I can make it from fresh veggies.

My little business is rolling along pretty well. It's been so fun to scope out wonderful fabrics, plan and create fun new outfits that people like and are buying : ) I just finished up this sweet little thang and listed it...
click here to see my shop

and how about these beauties - they inspire me so....

Hope you're finding things that inspire you too!

No comments: