Friday, April 22, 2011

a show, a tomato, and kung fu

This week is among the busiest I've had in a long time...maybe ever. And it's not over since Easter festivities are still ahead. Mama needs one more good night's sleep, preceded by a hot bath, possibly in conjuction with a glass of pinot grigio. Yes, that should do it.

The main event took place last night...my modern quilt guild's (OKCMQG) 1st modern quilt show!
I have to say, it was quite fabulous and super inspiring! My quilting pursuits have taken a backseat to sewing kids' clothes lately. Now I really, really want to move quilting back up front again...just another week of sewing for custom orders and then some yummy quilting!


This quilt show was just the beginning of some great events for our group!

Other busy-ness was just all the kid activities...piano, karate, basketball, 5th grade academia...oh.my.gosh. insane. All that on top of planning and executing the quilt show was just some kind of crazy.

My little angel-straight-from-heaven, Sam, earned his next belt in karate this week...yellow!

Mr. Bedford, Sam's awesome karate teacher, tied his new belt on for him.

A couple of weeks ago Sammy sang a solo in church...he is a pretty cool little dude. We really like him : ) Now I feel guilty for not featuring my other little people...always the guilt...but they'll show up soon, don't worry.

And, now, I'll leave you with my other little bit of goodness...I didn't kill my produce yet.


No comments: